Macclesfield Express - - SPORT -

DON’T for­get to get per­mis­sion. Plan­ning per­mis­sion is, of course, some­times re­quired for build­ing work, but it’s not al­ways ob­vi­ous when you need plan­ning and when you don’t – ask your lo­cal coun­cil if in doubt.

Flats and maisonettes don’t have per­mit­ted devel­op­ment (PD) rights, so if you live in one you’ll need plan­ning for things that you wouldn’t if you lived in a house, such as erect­ing a gar­den shed.

Some houses have had their PD rights re­moved, par­tic­u­larly on ‘des­ig­nated land’ (which in­cludes con­ser­va­tion ar­eas) where PD rights are re­stricted any­way.

If your home is listed, al­ter­ations usu­ally re­quire listed build­ing con­sent from your lo­cal coun­cil, or in some cases English Her­itage or in Wales Cadw. And if your home is lease­hold, you usu­ally need the free­holder’s per­mis­sion for al­ter­ations, de­pend­ing on what the lease says. Even if you own a share of the free­hold, you still need the other free­hold­ers to agree.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.