Eyesores and issues that may be first on the revamp hitlist
PROBLEMS and possible improvements identified by council bosses. ●● CASTLE STREET
● The street furniture doesn’t match, including the bollards.
● The paving is mismatched, like a patchwork, and needs repairs.
● There is a mixture of signage on the street.
● Market stalls on the street create a messy appearance, such as with stock being left on road.
● There are poor quality road markings.
● No Entry sign has faded. ●● MARKET PLACE AND MILL STREET
● Seats next to NatWest need repainting due to skateboarding.
● No Entry sign on the barrier is ‘ugly’.
● There is a noticeable difference in quality between the cobbles on Market Place and Mill Street.
● There are maintenance issues with poor drainage and damaged grids,
● The layout of the street furniture is poor.
● Maintenance issues give a poor image of the town.
● A coloured road resurfacing could enhance the street.
● Poor quality signage to be removed and replaced.
● New lanterns could replace a mixture of lampposts heads.
● New good quality bollards could be installed at the top of Castle Street.
● Signage to be reviewed.
● New road markings would improve the area.
● Railings on either side of the entrance to be painted.
● Street furniture to be painted.
● Lights could be placed in the trees.
● LED uplights could be placed on to town hall pillars.
● High quality materials would need to be used to reflect the historic market square and as a possible gateway to Mill Street.
● The Back Wall Gate entrance could be made into a special feature.
● Review could be conducted into the layout of the street furniture.
● Dead trees to be replaced.
● Temporary tarmac in tree pits to be replaced with new trees. ●● EXCHANGE STREET AND ITS CAR PARK quality paving.
●● This post is in need of some TLC on Castle Street
●● Crumbling paving on Market Place
●● A rusting post on Mill Street