Fridge blaze de­stroyed our home and killed our dog Friends rally round fam­ily who have ‘lost ev­ery­thing’

Macclesfield Express - - FRONT PAGE - KAREN BRITTON

AFAMILY has been left home­less by a fire caused by a faulty fridge freezer. Hay­ley Moss, 27, and part­ner Martin Moor­croft, 29, have spo­ken of their heart­break after the blaze at their home on Corn­brook Road, on the Moss Es­tate, Mac­cles­field, killed their pet dog Tyra.

They say they have lost all of their possessions in the blaze which was caused by a faulty Beko fridge freezer.

Hay­ley said: “It’s dev­as­tat­ing see­ing ev­ery­thing de­stroyed and we’re all so up­set about Tyra.

“Martin has lost his side­kick.

“We only had the fridge freezer for a year and didn’t think any­thing was wrong with it.

“If we’d been in the house, we could have been killed. You don’t ex­pect to go out and your fridge freezer to set on fire.

“We’ve lost ev­ery­thing.”

The cou­ple had been out for a drive with new­born baby Ava and Hay­ley’s sons James Barsted, seven, and Jor­don Barsted, six, at lunchtime on Sun­day, Oc­to­ber 23 when the fire started. Three-page spe­cial: p7,8 & 9

Martin and Hay­ley, above, the re­mains of the fridge, top, and Tyra, in­set

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.