In

Brief

Macclesfield Express - - FRONT PAGE -

KITCHEN BLAZE

FIRE­FIGHT­ERS tack­led a kitchen fire at a house.

Crews re­ceived re­ports of a fire in a kitchen on Queens Av­enue in Mac­cles­field around 1.30pm on Fri­day, July 14.

En­gines from Mac­cles­field and Poyn­ton at­tended and fire­fight­ers in breath­ing ap­pa­ra­tus brought the fire un­der con­trol. Gas and elec­tric­ity sup­plies were iso­lated and damp­ing down was car­ried out. A high pres­sure fan was used to clear smoke.

Crews recorded the cause as ac­ci­den­tal.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.