Import Word documents into Pages
This procedure works with .docx and .doc file formats. You can also import .rtf and .txt files.
1. Launch Pages (it’s in the Applications folder of your Mac).
2. In the window that automatically opens when you launch the app, navigate to the location of your Word file. For example, if it’s in Documents, click on the Documents folder in the left sidebar. (You can also click on the File menu and select Open, then navigate to your document.)
3. Once you’ve located your file, select it and click Open.
4. A window may appear, explaining any changes that were made during the import process. The more complicate your Word document (formatting, tables, image placement, and so on), the higher the possibility that a change had to be made. The simpler the document, the more your file will resemble what you created in Word.
5. That’s it. The Word file should open in Pages.
Before you start working on your document, look it over carefully. Formatting may have changed and you may have to fix it. There’s always a chance that so much happened during the import that you can’t use your document.