In

Brief

Middleton Guardian - - FRONT PAGE -

TOASTER ALERT

THE fire ser­vice has is­sued a warn­ing about toaster safety after a house fire in North Manch­ester.

Three crews from Black­ley, Philips Park and Hollins were called to a fire at a semi-de­tached house off Belthorne Av­enue, near Bog­gart Hole Clough, at around 10.40pm on Satur­day, Au­gust 19.

On ar­rival, crews found a fire in the kitchen and used two breath­ing ap­pa­ra­tus, one hose reel and a ven­ti­la­tion fan to ex­tin­guish it.

The cause of the fire was an over­heated toaster.

Crews say they would like to re­mind peo­ple to take care when us­ing a toaster by keep­ing it clean, not over­fill­ing it and by keep­ing it away from cur­tains and kitchen rolls.

Fire­fight­ers were on the scene for ap­prox­i­mately 30 min­utes.

CHAR­ITY WALK

STAFF mem­bers from Mid­dle­ton Mc­Don­alds will be walk­ing from Black­pool Tower to Mid­dle­ton next Wed­nes­day (Aug 30).

The staff are tak­ing on the chal­lenge to raise money for Ron­ald McDon­ald House at the Royal Manch­ester Chil­dren’s Hos­pi­tal.

To spon­sor the team visit just­giv­ing. com/fundrais­ing/ mid­dle­ton­m­cds

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.