Fireman’s fish rescue injury
A FIREMAN saved three goldfish from a blazing flat – but needed hospital treatment when he tripped over a SHOE.
He was among 20 firefighters who tackled the fire at a flat above shops in Kingston, south London.
The unnamed firefighter carried the goldfish to safety, but hurt himself tripping over the shoe.
The fire, believed to have been caused by an electrical fault, caused severe damage but the only injury was the firefighter, who was taken to Kingston hospital with an ankle injury.
New Malden fire station watch manager Steve Preston said: “We did manage to save the goldfish and the bowl.”