MASS killer Anders Behring Breivik says he carried out his massacre of 77 people “for Norway” and told a court he would do it all again.
Breivik, 33, bragged that his slaughtering of 77 innocents was “the most spectacular and sophisticated attack on Europe since World War II”.
He lashed out at Norwegian and European governments for embracing immigration and multiculturalism and said he killed “to save future generations”.
In one vile pronouncement Breivik spoke of the Labour party’s youth wing group camping on the island of Utoya – where he killed 69 youngsters.
He said: “I would have done it again. These were not innocent, non-political children. These were people who actively worked to uphold multi-cultural values.
“The majority of young people were brainwashed and naive – indoctrinated by schools or their parents.
“They were in many ways similar to Hitler Youth at an indoctrination camp.”
Breivik defended his actions on July 22 last year saying: “I would have done it again because offences against my people – and many partisans – are in many ways just as bad.”
Breivik also said Europe had prevented any democracy since Hitler came to power before World War II.
He said he was a “victim” as he insisted it was vital he explain the reasons behind his actions.
He added: “I’m not scared at the prospect of being in a prison – I was born in a prison and I continued to live in a prison.”
After an interruption from the judge Breivik said he must finish his address because it formed the “basis of my whole defence”.
Drawing to a close he added: “I was born and grew up in a conflict zone that is Oslo.
“The Labour Party bought flats in West Oslo and handed them out to Muslims.
“Muslims want autonomy under Sharia law in places like Luton, Paris and Marseille.”
Comparing himself to Red Indian chiefs such as Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse he said: “Were they terrorists because they fought for indigenous rights?
“No, they were heroes and not terrorists.”
Breivik ended his statement by saying: “The attacks on July 22 were a preventive strike.
“I acted in self-defence on behalf of my people, my city, my country.
“I therefore demand to be found innocent of the charges.”
Later, under cross examination, he said: “I know what happened on July 22 was gruesome – but it was cruel and necessary.”
He told the court he had joined neo-nazi gangs after reaching his late teens when Muslim families moved to live in the western district of Oslo where he lived at the time.
He added: “The Muslims came to our area and robbed people They raped people and they did not have any consequences for their actions.
“Those who tried to organise themselves against them were called racists and Neo-nazis and that was unfair.”
Breivik’s statement and much of his five day testimony is not being broadcast by television media for fear he is using it as a platform to promote his extremist views.
The trial in an Oslo court house started on Monday this week when Breivik – in dark suit and gold tie – walked into court sporting a grin and oozing defiance.
There was no flicker of emotion from the 33-year-old self-confessed killer as details were given of the horrific injuries suffered by those who died after he planted a van bomb in the centre of the Norwegian capital.
The sickening list of pistol and gunshot wounds suffered by those on the island of Utoya, where he went on a killing spree after the bombing, also left him unfazed.
Breivik, who admits the killings but denies charges of murder and terrorism on self defence grounds, faces a maximum 21-year prison sentence or could be locked up as long as he is considered a menace to society.