Nightclub fire Brit is named
A BRITISH man among four people killed in a fire at a nightclub on the popular resort island of Phuket, has been named.
The body of 24-year-old Michael Pio Tzouvanni was identified by forensic experts at Bangkok’s police hospital using dental records.
A spokesman for Thai police said Mr Tzouvanni had died from smoke inhalation in the blaze at the Tiger Discotheque on Patong beach last Friday.
He said Londononer Mr Tzouvanni’s brother confirmed his identity from his belongings.
Police are still waiting for DNA test results to help identify the other three victims, who are believed to be two Thai women and a French man.
At least 11 people were also injured in the fire, which may have been caused by lightning striking a transformer.