Freak hairdryer fire kills hubby

Midweek Sport - - FRONT PAGE -

A WOMAN set fire to her drunk hus­band by leav­ing a hot HAIRDRYER in his bed, an in­quest into his death heard.

Beau­ti­cian Bina Dawett Joshi left the plugged-in dryer un­der bed­ding, start­ing a freak blaze which killed Ram Ku­mar, 57.

Fire crews bat­tled to res­cue him from the fire at their home in Wolver­hamp­ton, af­ter neigh­bours raised the alarm on Feb 11.

Mrs Joshi ( had left him asleep af­ter he came home drunk.

She had at­tended a char­ity evening at nearby Wood­field School and had then gone for a curry, when a neigh­bour rang and broke the tragic news.

Coro­ner Robin Balmain recorded a ver­dict of ac­ci­den­tal death.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.