Hot dog’s lucky house fire escape
A DOG cheated death after setting her owner’s house on fire when it jumped up at the cooker.
Daisy, a three-year-old Shih-Tzu and Yorkshire terrier cross, turned on the hob and nearby washing caught fire.
Her owner Jenny Exley, from Bolton, Lancs, went to the kitchen to find it blazing and filled with smoke.
Jenny said: “I opened the door and smoke just came out.
“I couldn’t see Daisy and as I went in to see where she was, she came crawling out. She was completely black.
“She was a little shaken and was given oxygen by firefighters and is OK now. By closing the door I saved it spreading to the rest of the house.”
Jenny, who had been shopping when the fire started, said that from now on she will leave Daisy sleeping in the hall.