Rotherham victim: cops didn’t care
A VICTIM of the Rotherham sex abuse scandal has said her case was not taken seriously after reporting it to South Yorkshire Police.
On Monday, seven Asian men were found guilty of child sex abuse in the largest trial so far following an abuse inquiry.
Sheffield Crown Court heard a girl was “passed around” and raped by 100 men by the time she was 16 years old.
One unnamed victim has said she expected police to investigate her case when she first reported it but they “never really did”.
She said: “They seemed to take it seriously at first, and I was video interviewed, but then time passed and nothing happened.
“I can’t describe how horrible it made me feel that nothing was done. The police could have done a better job.”