Motor Sport News - - Racing Reports -

Roy Nissany took his maiden For­mula V8 3.5 vic­tory and be­came the first driver to score a win­ning dou­ble too.

Egor Orudzhev led race one from the open­ing lap, with Nissany join­ing him in an early break as pole­man Matthieu Vax­iviere fought off cham­pi­onship leader Tom Dill­mann for third. Rene Binder be­gan to close too and his suc­cess­ful move on Dill­mann on lap six gave Vax­iviere a break in third.

Soon, Nissany closed enough on the leader to be­gin a se­ries of chal­lenges, but it was an­other eight laps be­fore the Is­raeli Lotus driver’s chal­lenge came to a head. “Orudzhev had blocked me fairly on the Welling­ton Straight but into Stowe I went for a gap, was along­side and he blocked me again be­fore we both spun after con­tact,” he said.

Orudzhev had a fur­ther touch with Dill­mann and re­tired to the pits, leav­ing Nissany to claim a com­fort­able win, with Vax­iviere and Binder com­plet­ing the podium.

Nissany looked a class act from the start of race two and be­came a dom­i­nant win­ner with Binder and Orudzhev re­gain­ing their early sec­ond and third places within a lap of their com­pul­sory stops. Nissany was only out of the lead for four laps, while Vi­tor Bap­tista and Yu Kana­maru both ran longer be­fore stop­ping.

De­spite hav­ing dom­i­nated qual­i­fy­ing for both races, Vax­iviere ran wide at Copse, and dropped to fifth early on. He had man­aged to hold off Louis Dele­traz after their stops and was set for sixth or higher, but out­braked him­self into Brook­lands two laps from home and was left to take sev­enth.

Craig Dolby and To­mas Enge scored a sen­sa­tional de­but win for Nigel Mustill’s Lamborghini Gal­lardo in the first In­ter­na­tional GT Open race. Come Le­dogar’s Mclaren 650S led the whole of the first half, with Phil Keen in the Balfe Mclaren tak­ing Gus­tavo Ya­ca­man’s BMW M6 for sec­ond on lap six, be­fore Dolby moved into third at Copse just be­fore the pit­stop win­dow opened.

Alexan­der West took over the lead car and was pressed hard by Balfe. Enge lay in wait but a queue be­gan to form and the Lamborghini took both the lead cars in one lap be­fore West spun and Fabrizio Crestani in the Lamborghini Hu­ra­can took sec­ond.

Balfe tried to hold on for third but lost out to the BMW of Miguel Ramos and Euan Hankey’s As­ton Martin be­fore the flag as Enge/dolby se­cured vic­tory.

In the sec­ond race it was Jamie Stan­ley’s turn to lead the whole of the first half, de­but­ing Paul Mcneilly’s Fer­rari 488 and shad­owed through­out by Hankey. Enge sat safely in third and Dun­can Tappy’s Mclaren kept Crestani at bay.

After the stops Salih Yoluc took over the As­ton Martin and built a de­ci­sive lead, but Mcneilly’s stern de­fence, once bro­ken, crum­bled fur­ther from sec­ond. Michael Ben­ham had taken over from Tappy but couldn’t quite hold on, ex­it­ing Luffield for the fi­nal time side by side with Ya­ca­man, be­fore los­ing out by 0.006s in the drag to the line. Crestani/thomas Bi­agi were fourth, from Keen and Ramos, with Mcneilly drop­ping to sev­enth.

Jamie Con­sta­ble’s Spy­der was a last-lap win­ner in the first Rad­i­cal Euro­pean Masters race, after Bradley Smith’s sim­i­lar car cut out at Copse fol­low­ing a safety car in­ter­lude. Man­hal Al­los/alex Kapadia’s SR8 moved up to sec­ond and with the SR8 of Tony Wells se­lect­ing a box of neu­trals on the last lap, he stopped, only to be hit by Marcelo Mara­teotto who was chas­ing sec­ond in class in his SR3. Jim Booth’s Spy­der there­fore com­pleted the podium, from John Cor­bett/james Winslow (Spy­der).

Smith did get his win in a far­ci­cal race two where a safety car in­ter­ven­tion gave the top four of Jo­han Scheier, Smith, Darren Burke and James Lit­tle­john a lap lead, hav­ing failed to give the rest of the field a drive by be­fore the green flag.

Scheier then had a stop/go penalty, leav­ing Smith in the clear with Burke and Lit­tle­john join­ing him on the podium.

A furious Kapadia bat­tled into fourth but was still al­most a lap down, head­ing home Cor­bett and Con­sta­ble, with Mara­teotto/marco Cencetti tak­ing a class win.

Al­los/kapadia were fi­nally re­warded with the race three win after Smith’s tyres had worn out. He still made the podium how­ever de­spite los­ing out to Burke/chris Hy­man, but only after Lit­tle­john re­ceived a driv­ethrough.

Mike Can­til­lon in his Spy­der had led but missed the pit­stop win­dow and dropped to fifth, with An­drew Fer­gu­son’s Spy­der sixth and Mara­teotto/cencetti tak­ing an­other class win.

Leonardo Pul­cini headed Colton Herta and An­toni Ptak from the open­ing lap of the first Euro­for­mula Open race. Ptak then took his maiden win in the sec­ond con­test de­spite Fer­di­nand Hab­s­burg be­ing never more than 0.5s be­hind through­out. Dami­ano Fio­ra­vanti joined them on the podium after Herta and Pul­cini col­lided at Abbey early on.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.