Roberts back in Ju­niors af­ter ban over­turned

Motor Sport News - - Racing News -

Ginetta Ju­nior racer Cameron Roberts re­turned to the grid at Knock­hill last week­end af­ter a three-month ban was over­turned by the MSA Na­tional Court.

The JHR Devel­op­ments driver was forced to miss the Snet­ter­ton races last month af­ter wrack­ing up 12 points on his li­cence at the pre­vi­ous meet­ing at Croft thanks to a col­li­sion with Tom Wood.

How­ever, Roberts ap­pealed the de­ci­sion to give him a three­month ban and was suc­cess­ful.

“It was a strange sce­nario,” he said. “I got my ban over­turned – I had to go to the MSA Na­tional Court. I think they gave me the ben­e­fit of the doubt.”

In his report from the court hear­ing, Tony Scott An­drews said: “The court has heard ev­i­dence as to Mr Roberts per­sonal cir­cum­stances from Mr Roberts him­self and from his team man­ager/guardian Mr Jules Phillips and is sat­is­fied that the ef­fect of a con­tin­u­ing suspension of li­cence would in­deed cause ex­cep­tional hard­ship for Mr Roberts.

“The court or­ders that the three month suspension which com­menced on June 19 is ac­cord­ingly re­duced such that the suspension will end as of to­day’s date [Au­gust 2].”

Roberts had a dif­fi­cult week­end at Knock­hill, de­spite top­ping the times in Fri­day test­ing. He had a five-place penalty for the opener be­cause of the ban and his best re­sult from the three races was eighth in the fi­nale.

Photo: Steve Jones

Roberts had tough re­turn at Knock­hill

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.