An­stey sparks up Mu­gen

Motorcycle News (UK) - - This Week -

Bruce An­stey had his first ride on the 2017 Mu­gen Shin­den elec­tric bike that he will ride in this year’s Zero TT at Jurby on Sunday. The 48-year-old, who won last year’s zero emis­sions race, had been dropped in favour of Guy Martin but with John Mcguin­ness side­lined af­ter his North West 200 crash, the 11-times TT win­ner has been re­called to the team.

“I didn’t think the bike had changed that much un­til they turned the power up to full,” An­stey said af­ter the test. “It feels re­ally fast, a lot more pow­er­ful than last year.

“It also feels nar­rower and in the last cou­ple of ses­sions I was start­ing to get into the swing of it.”

Al­though no lap times were re­leased, An­stey was sev­eral sec­onds a lap faster than team­mate Guy Martin as both rid­ers tested dif­fer­ent power set­tings and tyre com­pounds.

“I opted for a harder front tyre be­cause it made the bike a lot more sta­ble un­der heavy brak­ing,” the Kiwi vet­eran ex­plained.

An­stey also did half-a-dozen laps on the Pad­gett’s RC213V-S that he will race in both the Su­per­bike and Se­nior TT races.

“We have fit­ted a new pit limit but­ton and made some changes to the elec­tron­ics and we just wanted to make sure that the throt­tle con­nec­tion was work­ing OK,” he said, sug­gest­ing that the Bat­ley based squad have now gained ac­cess to the pre­vi­ously locked ECU unit on the exotic su­per­bike.

‘I didn’t think it had changed… un­til they turned the power up to full’

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.