Top ad­vice for trav­ellers

Motorcycle News (UK) - - This Week -

As a sea­soned Euro­pean mo­tor­cy­cle tourist I read your ad­vice on over­seas tour­ing with in­ter­est (MCN, July 5). Much of the in­for­ma­tion was of great use - though rid­ers should re­mem­ber that it is not just Switzer­land that re­quires a vi­gnette for mo­tor­way use - I felt it im­por­tant to point out two sig­nif­i­cant omis­sions: (1) Travel in­surance should be ob­tained. But cau­tion must be taken, as some travel in­surance poli­cies are do not cover mo­tor­cy­cle tour­ing. Lots of com­mon or gar­den travel poli­cies only in­clude small mo­tor­cy­cle cover (eg a moped or scooter that you might hire while out there), so spe­cial­ist in­surance should be sought. (2) Break­down cover is a worth­while small ex­pen­di­ture, al­though of­ten older bikes are ex­cluded. Many thanks and en­joy your tours. Mervyn Laxon, Bris­tol

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.