No.1 Readers’ Beauty Secrets
We asked our lovely readers to share all of their top fail-safe beauty tricks
Get Great Skin...
1. Kelly Horsley: Put your eye cream in the fridge! Not only will it work as normal but the coolness of it will help to soothe and de-puff your eyes too!
2. Kirsten Murphy: Hydrate your dry, tired skin from the inside by drinking enough water!
3. Abigail Hamilton: When applying toner, wet the cotton wool pad and squeeze out excess water before adding the product. It makes your toner go further.
4. Gillian Mcwhirter: Use a toothbrush and Vaseline to buff dry skin from your lips. It also plumps them too (Vaseline Lip Therapy Petroleum Jelly Original, £1.95).
5. Stefi Carla Miller: My best beauty tip is to always use an eye cream before using undereye concealer as it prevents creasing. It plumps out fine lines making you look younger. (Protect & Perfect Intense ADVANCED Eye Cream, £17)
6. Jayne Kirk: To reduce puffy eyes, use a cold spoon. Just put it in the fridge for 10 minutes before you use it.
7. Jude C Hardie: Nappy cream is the BEST moisturiser! Yes really! (E45 Nappy Cream Triple Protection, £3.15)
8. Joanne Mackay Young: With winter comes dry and tight skin. I burst a Vitamin E capsule and rub it over my face and I’m left with lovely hydrated skin in the morning.
9. Alison Dalziel: If you haven’t already, used Liz Earle products do so! My skin has never looked or felt better. Cleanse & Polish is just amazing! (Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish™ Hot Cloth Cleanser Starter Kit, £15.50)
10. Gail Ash: Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise.... and you’re never too young to start.
11. Carol Bradnock: Dry brush your skin. It’s cheap and easy to do, sheds dead skin cells really quickly and makes your skin look radiant instead of dull. ( Champneys Luxury Body Brush, £10)
12. Hannah Cummings: Be sure to exfoliate, cleanse and moisturise every day.
13. Mandy Brown: For spots and pimples, dab on pure lemon juice at night.
14. Valerie Allen: Whilst I spend time in the evenings cleansing and toning, I’m afraid in the mornings it’s shower, make-up and go. A recent issue of No.1 reminded me of the beauty tip from Sweden to splash cold water on my face after my shower. I can tell you it’s made a huge difference and only takes a second.