15. Anne-louise E Hall: Moisturise before applying make-up! If you’re like me, and have really bad skin, it will make it look more natural.
16. Anne Mcgowan: Always use top quality brushes when applying make-up ( Real Techniques Core Collection, £21.99).
17. Rhoda Kel: Stick a post-it note from the outer corner of your eye to where your eyebrow naturally ends, then go to town with your eyeshadow. You can also use it to apply liner for a cat-eye flick. Remove the sticky note and your eye make-up will be perfect.
18. Jane Currie: Extend the life of nail polish by keeping in the fridge.
19. Angela Rattray: Clean out your make-up bag regularly.
20. Valerie Williams: Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation is the best product ever. I also mix it with a small amount of BB cream to use it for daytime and make it go further. (Garnier BB Cream Skin Perfector For Sensitive Skin, £6.66 and Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup, £30).
21. Emma Anderson: Base is everything - always exfoliate, moisturise and use a primer. Also, warm your eye or lip pencils before using – they apply much smoother and last longer!
22. Michelle Clark: Sharpen any eye pencils a little bit on a regular basis, it helps remove germs and is cleaner than trying to give a wipe with tissues.
23. Sarah Morrison: Always clean your make-up brushes regularly.
24. Claire Marshall: Apply your foundation in a downward motion instead of upwards! The wee fine hairs on your face grow downwards so this will make it less noticeable.
25. Lisa Houston: Remember that all products have a ‘use by date’ and should not be used past this as it can be dangerous and cause health issues. And don’t share products like lipstick, you can end up with cold sores.
26. Fiona Macleay Marshall: If you were left with only a lipstick you can use it as blusher, highlighter, eyeshadow and lipstick! What a versatile little thing!
27. Diane De Sousa: Use BB cream, instead of foundation.
28. Amy Jane Beckett: Use lipbalm to help powder eyeshadow stick to the lids for longer.
29. Lorraine Davis: I can’t do without a good light-reflecting concealer under my eyes. It brightens my whole face up. (Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer, £4.99)
30. Nicola Goodfellow: Always use a foundation brush to put your foundation on. Avoid using your fingers as they absorb the make-up.
31. Suz O’neill: Don’t forget your eyebrows, they frame your face! Pencil them, brush them, fill them in... whatever you need depending on your brow shape and fullness. (Clinique Pretty Easy Brow Palette, £25).
32. Kaye Willan: Invest in a primer – it really works! Get one for your face and one for your eyes. Your make-up will stay fresh all day. (L’oréal Paris Color Riche Eye Primer Base, £5.99 and Garnier 5 Second Perfect Blur Primer, £12.99).
33. Susan Samson: Try to have a ‘no make-up day’ to allow your skin to breathe every once in a while.
34. Eilidh Mcinnes: I use a dark concealer as my contour stick and the lightest shade as my highlighter.