Hearing over death of woman
A PRE-INQUEST hearing has been held into the death of a pregnant 22-year-old woman.
Shanice Jaclyn Priestley, of Penmaen Crescent, Conwy, died on August 24 last year.
The hearing in Ruthin was attended by legal representatives of Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board and Conwy County Borough Council.
John Gittins, senior coroner for North Wales Central, requested documents concerning the qualifications, training and induction records of Ms Priestley’s social worker.
He also asked BCUHB solicitor Gaynor Kynaston to share Ms Priestley’s medical records with the Priestley family and Conwy council.
All documents must be shared by October 30 as he wanted to keep “tight and proper” control over his investigation.
Ms Priestley’s uncle, Mike Priestley, said his niece’s GP asked for and was given her pregnancy records.
He said: “We don’t know why they were taken.”
Mr Priestley asked to be able to see these records and the coroner agreed.
The coroner said he did not have sufficient evidence to hold a jury’s inquest but would hold an inquest lasting up to three days next spring. The hearing was adjourned.