Peanut butter fudge brownies
30 MINUTES + COOLING + CHILLING | MAKES 16 EASY
unsalted butter 175g golden caster sugar 300g cocoa powder 75g dark chocolate 175g, broken into chunks vanilla extract 2 tsp eggs 2 plain flour 50g roasted peanuts 25g, roughly chopped PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE condensed milk 397g tin dark chocolate 250g, finely chopped smooth peanut butter 200g
• Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and line a 22cm square tin with baking paper.
• Put the butter, caster sugar, cocoa and 50g of the chocolate into a pan over a low heat, and melt together, stirring until all the butter and chocolate have melted and the mixture is hot.
• Pour into a bowl, stir in the vanilla extract and eggs, one by one, followed by the flour. Pour into the tin, smooth the top and bake for 25-30 minutes until a skewer in the middle comes out with sticky crumbs – not uncooked batter. Allow to cool in the tin completely.
• Once cool, put all of the fudge ingredients in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Stir until melted and completely smooth, then spread over the cooled brownie base. Alternatively do this in short bursts in the microwave. Chill for 2 hours until the fudge is set.
• Melt another 100g dark chocolate in a bowl over simmering water or in short bursts in the microwave. Cool for a few minutes then pour over the brownies, tilting to cover all the fudge. Sprinkle over the peanuts and chill again until the chocolate top is set. To finish, melt the remaining 25g of dark chocolate and drizzle over the top, leave to set then remove from the tin and cut into 16 pieces. PER SERVING 518 KCALS | FAT 31.5G | SATURATES 16G CARBS 46G | SUGARS 39.3G | FIBRE 4.8G PROTEIN 10G | SALT 0.2G