Peri-peri chicken mozzarella stacks with ‘macho’ peas
30 MINUTES | SERVES 2 | EASY LC GF
Nando’s fans will love this lighter version of the restaurant classic. Check to make sure your peri-peri sauce doesn’t contain gluten. chicken breasts 2 peri-peri sauce 2 tbsp, plus extra to serve roasted red peppers from a jar 2, halved mozzarella 1/2 a ball (75g), sliced dressed rocket to serve PEAS olive oil 2 tsp onion Ω, finely chopped garlic 1 clove, finely chopped frozen peas 100g red chilli Ω, finely chopped
mint Ω a small bunch, leaves shredded
• Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and line a baking sheet with foil.
• Put one chicken breast on a chopping board and use a knife to cut in 1/2 horizontally, creating two flat, thin chicken pieces. Repeat with the other breast.
• Put the four chicken pieces onto the baking tray, season and drizzle over the peri-peri sauce. Roast for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
• For the peas, heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion, garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook gently for 10 minutes until translucent, then add the peas and 1 tbsp of boiling water. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until the peas are just cooked, then crush lightly with a fork. Sprinkle in the chilli and mint, stir and keep warm.
• Add a slice of pepper to the top of each piece of chicken, followed by the mozzarella slices. Put back into the oven for 5 minutes until the mozzarella is melted.
• Divide the peas between 2 plates, then put one chicken piece on the plate with another on top to make a stack. Serve with dressed rocket.
PER SERVING 370 KCALS | FAT 13.7G SATURATES 6.2G | CARBS 12.3G | SUGARS 5.3G FIBRE 3.5G | PROTEIN 47.7G | SALT 1.6G