Makes about 6 pancakes. Prep 15 mins. Cook 20 mins
• 125g plain flour • 1 egg • 300ml semi-skimmed milk • About 2 tbsp rapeseed oil or
vegetable oil for cooking For the compote
• 4 tbsp Ribena • Juice of ½ lemon, plus zest of ½ for
serving • 230g fresh or frozen blackcurrants • Greek yoghurt to serve For the compote; add the Ribena and
lemon to a pan and bring to the boil, add the blackcurrants and simmer until they’ve broken down. Remove from heat and put to one side to cool. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
2. To make the pancakes, add the flour into a bowl along with a pinch of salt. Crack the egg in, add a little of the milk, stir to combine then add the remaining milk. Whisk and beat until no lumps. Put in the fridge for 20 mins.
3. Heat a tiny amount of the oil in a small frying pan. Add a ladleful of batter mix, tip the pan so it covers and cook for about a minute or until the edges begin to cook. Flip over and cook the other side until golden.
4. Serve with a spoonful of compote and a dollop of Greek yoghurt on the side. Garnish with lemon zest to serve.