Lon Chaney Sr.’s potato biscuits
Makes 3 dozen 2 large potatoes 3 cups flour 3 teaspoons baking powder 1⁄ teaspoon salt
2 1⁄ cup lard
4 1 egg 1 cup milk 1.
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel, boil and mash potatoes to yield about 2 cups of potatoes and allow to cool.
3. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Add mashed potatoes, and using a fork, work in lard to form dough.
5. Add in egg and milk and work to form a light dough.
6. Roll dough onto a floured surface until thin (about 1⁄4- inch), and using a the mouth of a glass, cut out biscuit circles.
7. Bake in a hot oven on a baking sheet for 30 minutes or until brown. Serve hot.