Things I’ve learnt
1. However much you think you know there’s always more to learn. Be ready to be surprised.
2. Experts and specialists want to help get these bikes back on the road. Never be afraid to ask.
3. It’s the details that take the time. I still have loads of small things to do but I won’t let them stop me enjoying the bike now.
4. Buy parts if you see them at a decent price as it’s better than money in the bank and what you don’t need you can either sell or trade.
5. Use pattern parts if you have to in order to get a bike going. Only total anoraks would know the difference.