Prawn pad Thai
Replace the prawns with leftover cooked chicken, if you prefer.
SERVES 4 PREP 15min COOK about 10min
• 2tbsp chopped peanuts
• 1tbsp oil
• 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
• 5 spring onions, sliced
• 4tbsp sweet chilli sauce
• 600g (1lb 5oz) straight-to-wok noodles
• 3 pak choi, leaves separated, sliced in half lengthways if large
• 300g (11oz) cooked king prawns
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1½tbsp fish sauce
• Handful fresh chopped coriander 1 Heat a large wok or frying pan and dry-fry the peanuts for 1min until lightly toasted. Empty into a small bowl and set aside.
2 Return wok or frying pan to heat and add oil. Fry the garlic and spring onions over a medium heat for 1-2min until softened. Stir in sweet chilli sauce and a splash of water, then add noodles and fry for about 3min until softened.
3 Add pak choi and prawns and cook for 3-5min until pak choi wilts and prawns are piping hot. Stir in lime juice, fish sauce and coriander and check the seasoning. Sprinkle with the peanuts and serve.
PER SERVING: CALS 325; FAT 8G; SAT FAT 1G; CARBS 43G