Snacks to go
These snacks go great with coffee and power up your running, says nutrition coach and marathon runner Tina Haupert.
1. Almond joy protein balls
Combine 4 chopped Medjool dates, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 2 tbsp almond butter, 2 tbsp shredded coconut, 2 tbsp chocolate chips and 1 tbsp melted coconut oil. Roll batter into 8 balls and refrigerate, on baking paper, for at least an hour.
2. Medjool dates stuffed with almond butter and cinnamon
3. Plain yoghurt with granola and maple syrup
4. Crackers, topped with peanut butter and jelly
5. Diced apple, sautéed in coconut oil until soft, topped with cinnamon
6. Toasted waffle with marmalade and honey
7. Microwaved banana slices with darkchocolate chips