Three years for per­vert

Rutherglen Reformer - - Health Matters -

A Castlemilk per­vert who sex­u­ally abused two young boys 11 years ago was last week jailed for three years.

Mark Walker (45) was found guilty after trial of abus­ing the boys, who were age seven and four, at a house in Glas­gow on var­i­ous oc­ca­sions be­tween Fe­bru­ary 1 and March 28, 2003.

At the High Court in Glas­gow Judge Lord Ste­wart told Walker:“I have de­cided you must go to prison for th­ese of­fences, although the un­usual cir­cum­stances al­low me to im­pose a lesser sen­tence. Th­ese crimes were op­por­tunis­tic and I have no ev­i­dence that you have sex­u­ally abused other chil­dren.”

Lord Ste­wart or­dered Walker to be mon­i­tored in the com­mu­nity for two years after his re­lease from prison. He also placed him on the sex of­fend­ers’reg­is­ter.

Solic­i­tor ad­vo­cate Jim Wal­lace, de­fend­ing, told the court that Walker con­tin­ues to deny com­mit­ting the of­fences.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.