Ford’s fabulous Mustang is proving a big hit in the UK, topping the highperformance sports coupe sales charts after just a few months on sale.
Since Ford UK started taking orders last year for the first right hand drive Mustang, it has topped 4,000 sales, with total 2016 registrations at 2,317, so far.
This puts the Mustang comfortably at the top of the table against rivals, the closest being the Jaguar F-Type with 1,446 and outselling the likes of the Mercedes SL, Porsche 911 and Audi TT in the sporting coupe sector.
The current split in sales across models shows that 70 per cent of customers went for the 5.0-litre V8 engine, with the remaining 30 per cent favouring the 2.3-litre EcoBoost.
Total customer orders for the Ford Mustang in Europe now stand at more than 19,500.