30 YEARS AGO
A Rutherglen mum was horrified to discover that her children had been breathing in asbestos dust in her home for three years - and she was completely unaware of the danger.
A disabled Eastfield man was left with a kitchen that looked like a DIY disaster zone after a district council improvement scheme went disastrously wrong.
The long-running saga over a site for Castlemilk’s £1.6 million sports centre was finally settled with Dougrie Road was picked for the base.
A Rutherglen student was picked for the trip of a lifetime as she was to spend three months in Australia.
Plans to redevelop the former Smiddy site on Rutherglen Main Street were still on the drawing board.