PARK

Sale & Altrincham Advertiser - - NEWS -

WORK­ERS were evac­u­ated from a firm when a ma­chine caught fire.

Four staff were forced to leave Shred It, on Cir­cle South on Thurs­day (Novem­ber 20) at 8.10pm.

Pa­per go­ing into a bail­ing ma­chine ac­ci­den­tally caught fire, it is thought be­cause a hot item got into the batch.

Fire­fight­ers from Moss Side and Stret­ford sta­tions were called to the scene.

They en­tered the fac­tory with a worker who turned the ma­chine back on so they could douse the blaz­ing pa­per as it came out of it.

Part of the build­ing was smoke logged but fire dam­age was limited to the pa­per.

No one was in­jured in the in­ci­dent.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.