QUOTES OF THE DAY
“I might be the most bullied person in the world”
– US First Lady Melania Trump.
“You’ll see me huffing and panting at the top. It won’t be a good look”
– Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison on climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge with Prince Harry.
“Recruitment cannot depend upon a few missing centimetres. Inner values are more important than external dimensions”
– State interior minister for Berlin Andreas Geisel announcing the abolition of height requirements for police recruits in the city.
“She has the ability to do a million things at once in her brain”
– Jack Brooksbank on his new bride Princess Eugenie.
“So humble and generous”
– Princess Eugenie pays tribute to Jack Brooksbank.
“She came up and she said ‘Are you that Craig Revel Horwood from the telly?’ and I said ‘Yes’ and she went ‘Whack!’ and totally smacked me across the face. I couldn’t believe it”
– The Strictly judge recalls an incident in a supermarket when he was punched by an old lady, probably in her 80s.
“The impact on the arts of the UK’s withdrawal from the EU will be dire. From every corner comes hard evidence that Brexit will do great damage”
– Lord (Melvyn) Bragg.
“Without the piano, my life would be a disaster – nobody would hold me in any regard. It’s the thing that saved me”
– Musician Jools Holland