Barbecue alert WIN after dog swallows WIN kebab skewer Gulliver’s World family ticket
Owner’s warning as vets find 10cm stick in pet’s stomach inside your FREE 8-page leisure guide
APET owner warned others to be vigilant during barbecues, after their dog needed stomach surgery to remove a kebab skewer.
Bertie, a wire-haired fox terrier, had swallowed a 10cm stick, but it was not found until 10 days later.
It was only when vets operated on him when his owner noticed his swollen stomach that they found the skewer.
Bertie after his op and, above, the kebab skewer with a pen for scale