Red squir­rel con­ser­va­tion work near Pen­rith

Sporting Gun - - LETTER OF THE MONTH -

We have red squir­rels in our area (Ker­shope For­est) and I have an air ri­fle and BACS mem­ber­ship. How would I go about get­ting per­mis­sion to help them by shoot­ing greys in the area?

Mark Tal­bot, via Facebook Ed –

Thanks for your mes­sage, Mark. You can find out how to help the Pen­rith and Dis­trict Red Squir­rel Group by vis­it­ing its web­site www.pen­rithred­squir­ The or­gan­i­sa­tion is look­ing peo­ple to help mon­i­tor the reds, raise money and, if you live in that area, mon­i­tor the reds. They don’t gen­er­ally need pest con­trollers be­cause the land on which the greys is pri­vately owned and get­ting new shoot­ers on that is an ad­min­is­tra­tive night­mare. We hope to do an ar­ti­cle on the group in the near fu­ture where all will be ex­plained.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.