TIPS FOR STAYING ON TOP OF HOUSE REPAIRS
1. Make sure smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors are up to scratch. Or replace them.
2. If you leave your home in winter, ensure the heating remains on all the time with the thermostat set at around 10 degrees.
3. Check brickwork for mortar problems and replace anything missing.
4. Paint cast iron drainage systems and gates.
5. Store as much garden furniture as you can in a shed or similar. Otherwise, make sure items are protected – there are a number of covers specially made for benches, tables and seats.
6. Condensation can’t always be avoided. So wipe it away daily.
7. If you rent, check whether you or the landlord is responsible for winter preparations.
8. The trustedtraders. which.co.uk/website offers local, reliable tradesmen such as builders, electricians roofers, and plumbers.