Train climber electrocuted at rail station
HORRIFIED passengers watched a man die after climbing on top of a train and electrocuting himself on the overhead wires.
Witnesses said he burst into flames on the train waiting at Manchester Piccadilly station.
Police believe he was drunk or did it for a dare at 10.50 on Friday night.
A passenger named Will tweeted: “Friend waiting for a train said there was a flash and a loud bang.
“Now says someone jumped on top of a train, hit the overhead wires and caught fire. Horrendous.”
Services to and from Manchester Piccadilly were cancelled as power to the lines was turned off.