Film produced one year on from the tragedy in bid to prevent similar incidents
The death of a migrant worker in Tayside has led to the production of a safety DVD targeting foreign farm staff.
The man, whose identity has never been released, died at Mains of Errol farm on July 31 last year.
The alarm was raised by workers living on the site who reported seeing thick smoke and flames coming from a static caravan on the edge of the site.
In the immediate aftermath of the tragedy the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) visited all of the 190 workers at the site, which is owned by W Glen and Son, to offer safety advice.
On Friday, days before the first anniversary of the fire, the SFRS is launching a new initiative aimed at migrant workers.
They have produced a DVD of safety messages which will be distributed across Scotland to try and help prevent a similar tragedy.
Entitled Flashpoint, the DVD is intended to be used during farm induction sessions which all workers have to attend
Entitled Flashpoint, the DVD is intended to be used during farm induction sessions, which all workers have to attend.
It was produced by Connect 5 Learning Centre in Dundee, using their students in the production.
As well as producing a campsite safety film, SFRS continues to offer migrant workers home safety visits within their individual caravans.
Additionally weekly caravan inspections, which include smoke detector checks, have now been adopted by farm managers in Perth and Kinross.
The fire at Mains of Errol farm was the second to claim the life of a migrant worker in Courier Country in the last decade. Czech national Petr Adamik died in a caravan fire at Birkhill Farm, by Arbroath, on April 2 2007.
Paramedics discovered the 28-yearold collapsed outside his caravan, with burns to the majority of his body, at 2am. He was taken to Ninewells Hospital and pronounced dead at 11.30am. Robin Sejval, who had been staying in Mr Adamik’s caravan, escaped the blaze and raised the alarm.
Mr Adamik’s death led to a fatal accident inquiry (FAI) in 2013 which found that the fire started in a junction box that had been placed outside in a household refrigerator, from which migrant workers ran several extension cables.