Fire­fighter prizes dog from jar

The Courier & Advertiser (Angus and The Mearns Edition) - - NEWS -

A tiny dog had to be res­cued by a spe­cial­ist fire­fighter when it got its head stuck in a bis­cuit jar.

The pug and Chi­huahua cross­breed puppy, known as a chug, got into trou­ble as it tried to eat up the fi­nal crumbs in the jar at its home in Wavell Road, Southamp­ton, Hamp­shire, on Sun­day.

A Hamp­shire Fire and Res­cue Ser­vice spokesman said the owner of the dog, named Buddy, used wash­ing up liq­uid in a bid to free it but when this failed, they con­tacted the fire ser­vice for help.

An­i­mal res­cue tac­ti­cal ad­viser An­ton Phillips said: “I was keen not to risk break­ing the glass as this could have in­jured the an­i­mal.

“I used man­ual ma­nip­u­la­tion to re­lease the dog’s head. I pulled back the loose skin and po­si­tioned it so I could get one ear out then the other.

“There was a pop as I got its head free.”

Mr Phillips and Buddy.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.