Public backing for new stadium
Dundonians have reacted to Dundee FC’s proposed new ground at Camperdown in an “overwhelmingly positive” way, developers said.
About 320 people attended a consultation session organised by the club and project architect LJR+H at Dundee Ice Arena last month.
Mark O’Connor, of LJR+H, said of the 240 feedback forms returned by the public, fewer than 20 voiced opposition.
He said: “The responses at this stage have been overwhelmingly positive, with the vast majority of those responding saying that they either ‘support’ or ‘strongly support’ the proposals.
“Approximately 320 people attended the public presentation on September 22 and we received approximately 240 feedback notes, both on the day and during the twoweek long feedback period that followed.
“Comments were primarily submitted by individuals, although we have also received correspondence from organisations such as Dundee Civic Trust.
“At this time, we have received less than 20 feedback forms or comments saying that they ‘oppose’ or ‘strongly oppose’ the proposals.”
Dundee FC announced plans to relocate to vacant land west of Camperdown Leisure Park in August.
The proposed new stadium – already nicknamed “Nou Campy” by some fans – would seat 15,000 people.