Girl, 7, died when hoodie got caught
A seven-year-old girl died after she was strangled by her own hoodie when it became caught on a door handle in a freak accident, an inquest heard.
Kimora Dube, from Cardiff, had been told to do homework while her mother, Vonnie Dube, lay down for a nap. But when her mother woke up, her nine-year-old son said his sister was “pretending to be sleepy”. She found Kimora was not breathing and her hoodie was stuck on the hallway door handle.
An inquest recorded a verdict of accidental death.