South league roundup

The Galloway News - - SPORT -

Cree­town 0 He­s­ton Rovers 2

Cree­town an­nounced their new man­age­ment team fol­low­ing their de­feat to He­s­ton Rovers.

Neil Ersk­ine is the man who has been cho­sen to take over from Lee Bass who left the Cas­tle Cary Park side af­ter just a few months in charge. As­sist­ing him will be play­ers Colin Wil­son and Ben Her­ries. Ersk­ine takes over with Cree­town fourth bot­tom of the South of Scot­land League af­ter two wins from their open­ing 10 games.

Satur­day saw them lose at home to He­s­ton thanks to goals from Sam Hughes and Rus­sell Jar­dine.

Ersk­ine will take charge for the first time this week­end as Cree­town make the trip to San­quhar to take on Niths­dale Wan­der­ers. An­nan Ath­letic 1 Mid An­nan­dale 10

Mid An­nan­dale hit dou­ble fig­ures as they thumped An­nan at Gal­a­bank.

Dy­lan Neill scored a hat-trick in­side the first 23 min­utes, Dean Smith and Luke Ham­mond also on tar­get as Mids led 5-1 at the break.

There was no let up in the sec­ond half, Smith get­ting two more to com­plete his tre­ble with Benji Wag­ner and Sam Copeland also on tar­get. Th­reave Rovers 3 Abbey Vale 2

Abbey Vale’s un­beaten league run came to an end as they lost at Th­reave Rovers.

The hosts took the lead af­ter five min­utes, Dan Thom scor­ing from the spot af­ter goalie Tay­lor Hall brought down An­drew Don­ley.

Vale were level in the 37th minute with a fine Tommy Goss header and six min­utes later they were awarded a penalty of their own.

Jake Gem­mell saved Dy­lan Cairnie’s spot-kick but Th­reave couldn’t get the ball clear and De­clan Trem­ble even­tu­ally put it in the net.

Th­reave equalised nine min­utes af­ter the break, Stu­art Max­well’s cross find­ing the net af­ter a de­flec­tion off Liam Dou­glas.

And in the 67th minute they scored what proved to be the win­ner af­ter Hall picked up a back pass. The free-kick was taken short to Thom who fired it into the top cor­ner.

Vale co-man­ager Al­lan Clark said: “I don’t think we played as well as we can and we didn’t get a foothold in the game.

“I think we played the bet­ter foot­ball but when it came to the crunch they were the team that took the three points.

“They never re­ally opened us up, their goals came from in­di­vid­ual er­rors.

“The first goal was from a mis­take that led to a penalty, the sec­ond was a free-kick that came off one of our play­ers and the third was a mis­take. It’s dis­ap­point­ing.”

The de­feat was Vale’s first loss in the league this sea­son and comes at a dif­fi­cult time with a tough game against Bon­ny­ton This­tle com­ing this week­end be­fore they take on Stran­raer who thrashed the Kil­marnock side at the week­end.

Clark added: “It leaves us with a moun­tain to climb as we have some hard games com­ing up.

“I think Stran­raer will be the team to beat this sea­son and Satur­day will be a hard game too.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.