General Knowledge Quiz
1. Which Venetian painter of the Renaissance gave his name to a shade of red?
2. Who directed all three of the Back to the Future films starring Michael J Fox?
A Steven Spielberg
B Joe Dante
C George Lucas
D Robert Zemeckis
3. What is the capital of the state of Tennessee?
4. Which Chris Rea album featured a collaboration with Shirley Bassey?
A La Pression
C La Passione
D La Bouche
5. Who played ‘Poison Pearce’ in the ITV drama series London’s Burning?
A Mitchell Warner
B Richard Gracy
C Michael Barry
D Michael Garner
6. Which poet and novelist is portrayed by English actress Gemma Arterton in the romantic drama Vita & Virginia?
A Dora Carrington
B Vita Sackville-West
C Vanessa Bell
D Virginia Woolf 7. Who played the protagonist in the BBC’s 1997 adaptation of Henry Fielding’s classic comic novel The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling?
A Max Hastings
B Max Beesley
C Max Doohan
D Max Clifford
8. Filipino, the official language of the Philippines, is a standardised form of which native language?
9. In which field was English physicist William Henry Fox Talbot primarily regarded as a pioneer?
D Sound Recording
A Rank imposes obligation B Of his own accord
C The reason for existence D I think, therefore I am
A Ted Hughes
B Sir John Betjeman C Seamus Heaney D Laurence Sail
12. How are artists Proesch and Passmore better known?
A James and Phillip
B John and James
C Gilbert and George
D Thomas and Trevor
13. Which royal is credited with popularising the Christmas tree in Britain?
A George IV
B Prince Albert
C Elizabeth I
D Edward VII
14. Which French city was besieged by the English until Joan of Arc arrived?
15. Which duet from Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande recently topped the UK Singles Chart?
A Shine on Me
B Rain on Me
C Drinks on Me
D Call on Me
Lady Gaga See Question 15 10. What does Rene Descartes’ famous statement “Cogito ergo sum” mean? 11. Who was Poet Laureate from 1972 to 1984?