Chapati strategy, and beyond
Which table manners are most important?
We expect our table to be respectful, and not to agitate too much. David Isaacs, Sydney, Australia
• Keeping one’s mouth closed while chewing. Michael Olin, Holt, UK
• Politeness. Edward Black, Church Point, NSW, Australia
• Observe carefully and follow. Tom Short, San Rafael, California, US
• While some, like only eating off the back of a fork, are counterintuitive, the one that prohibits the throwing of food has merit. Lawrie Bradly, Surrey Hills, Victoria, Australia
• In our house, never attempt to use a knife and fork on a chapati. Sunil Bajaria, Bromley, Kent, UK