Enjoy the fruits of your labours
Retiring and downsizing can open a world of possibilities ... if you pick the right place
FOR people in later life who are planning their retirement or thinking about downsizing, choosing a new home that is right for them is absolutely vital.
The Walled Gardens apartments in St Andrews offer a unique opportunity to make the most of this exciting and liberating phase, in a setting designed to help people aged 60 and over continue to live an active and independent life.
This luxury development is made up of 78 one- and two-bedroom contemporary apartments, which have been thoughtfully designed throughout – from having stylish open- plan kitchens and living spaces, to excellent energy efficiency and security measures, ease of access features and personal car parking provision. And should owners’ needs change in the future, they can be accommodated without fuss, allowing them to change lifestyle and live independently at home.
Located in the heart of the beautiful, historic town of St Andrews, The Walled Gardens offers the best of both worlds. St Andrews is a thriving community of small, independent stores, boutiques, delicat es s e ns and c af e s, and t he development is only a short walk from all the bustling town centre.
There’s a year round calendar of cultural events, from performing arts to food festivals, and the world famous golf courses may encour- age owners to enjoy a round or two. The apartments are also within easy access of nearby woodland and river walks – as well as The Walled Gardens’ own orchard. The town’s beautiful sandy beaches are close by, and the stunning Fife coastline with its beaches and harbours can be explored.
Prices start from £176,250 and the apartments are available on a shared ownership basis. This can be an appealing option to those who may wish to release equity for their retirement.
Purchasers can purchase a 75 per cent share of the property (at open market value). The remaining 25 per cent will be held by the Developer. Buyers will have the option to buy the remaining 25 per cent after a one year qualifying period. Full details on shared ownership and the criteria are available from our selling joint agents Rettie and Thorntons.
RELAXATION: The contemporary apartments at the Walled Gardens have their own orchard for leisurely strolls.