JC offices hit by gas scare
THE JC WAS forced to cancel a lunch it was hosting for the Israeli ambassador Ron Prosor this week because of a gas leak.
The company’s offices near London’s Fleet Street were evacuated early on Tuesday evening after a newly-laid pipe in the street fractured and fumes seeped into the cellar.
Staff were allowed back in more than 17 hours later after repair work, which went through the night, was completed.
Food brought in for the event was not wasted. It was sent to Jewish Care’s Rela Goldhill Lodge in Golders Green, North West London.