The Jewish Chronicle - - Life/travel -

THE re­cent col­lapse of hol­i­day com­pany Hol­i­days 4U left many with their hol­i­days in tat­ters.

When this hap­pens you hope to get your money back. But only “pack­age” hol­i­days are el­i­gi­ble for com­pen­sa­tion and it all hinges on the def­i­ni­tion of the word “pack­age”.

This is de­fined as ac­com­mo­da­tion, flights and other com­po­nents sold for one price by one sup­plier.

That sup­plier must be Atol (Air Travel Or­gan­is­ers’ Li­cens­ing) bonded which pays out if the com­pany fails.

If the com­pany sells you flights from one com­pany and ac­com­mo­da­tion from an­other and then goes bust, its Atol bond will only cover the cost of the flights.

If it is not Atol bonded then you will not be el­i­gi­ble for any com­pen­sa­tion at all when things go wrong. If you paid us­ing a credit card, you are prob­a­bly pro­tected un­der the Con­sumer Credit Act, as long as the trans­ac­tions is over £100, but it de­pends on the card is­suer. Con­tact your card provider or bank and they will send you a claim form. You will need to pro­vide ev­i­dence that your flight was can­celled. 1 9 10 11 12 15 16 17 18 19 21 22 24 27 28 29 2 3 4 5 6 7


Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.