The Non-League Football Paper - - EVO-STIK NPL NORTH & SOUTH - By Richard Dore

IN THE BAT­TLE of the top two, Bed­worth were just mo­ments away from in­flict­ing a first league de­feat on run­away lead­ers

Bas­ford in a hard-fought 1-1 draw.

Alex Troke gave the Green­backs an early lead from the penalty spot on 14 min­utes af­ter Bas­ford goal­keeper Saul Deeney had raced off his line to bring down Kieron Bre­hon – with Troke send­ing Deeney the wrong way.

Deeney then made a stun­ning close-range save from Levi Rowley’s vol­ley, par­ry­ing it onto the bar.

Bas­ford’s Kieran Fen­ton had a goal ruled out for off­side but the home side looked likely to grab all three points un­til the sixth minute of added time, when Fen­ton scored.

There was also a 1-1 draw fur­ther down the divi­sion as Stocks­bridge pre­vented Cleethor­pes from gain­ing ground on Bed­worth. Joe Lums­den’s in­cred­i­ble first-half strike had put Stocks­bridge up 1-0. But Cleethor­pes al­ways looked dan­ger­ous and a free-kick in the last min­utes of the game saw the ball pumped into the box, with Liam Dick­ens fi­nally scram­bling the ball home to res­cue a point. The goals flowed as Frick­ley turned in an ex­cel­lent per­for­mance away at Stam­ford to tri­umph 4-2. The home side took the lead when Bradley Fort­nam-Tom­lin­son smashed home a cross, but an Eliot Put­man mis­take at the other end al­lowed Ja­cob Hazel to equalise. Gavin Al­lott then put Frick­ley ahead, only for Stam­ford to equalise through Jake Duffy but Al­lott and Hazel went on to com­plete their dou­bles to seal an ex­cel­lent win.

A 4-2 game was also played out be­tween

Alvechurch and Belper Town as the Nail­ers grabbed an im­por­tant away vic­tory.

Le­an­dro Browne, Do­minic Allen and a Jamie Ash­more own goal gave Belper a 3-0 half-time lead.

Nathaniel Waite and Jor­dan Na­dat then struck to threaten a come­back but Browne com­pleted his dou­ble 15 min­utes from time to put the re­sult be­yond doubt.

Goals were also the or­der of the day at the Nan­pan­tan Sports Ground as Lough­bor­ough Dy­namo blew a lead to draw 3-3 against Kids­grove.

Skip­per Ash Hodgkin­son headed home to open the scor­ing and Paolo Piliero dou­bled the lead, but Kyle Diskin brought his side back into it, net­ting af­ter his ini­tial penalty had been saved.

Luke Smith­son’s dip­ping ef­fort put Dy­namo 3-1 up, but Lee Crop­per’s header pulled Kids­grove back into the game and af­ter Dy­namo’s Carl Sib­son had been red carded on 80 min­utes, Diskin scored again to snatch the draw.

Carl­ton Town will be de­lighted with a 3-1 win away at Mar­ket Dray­ton, with Jor­dan Wil­son get­ting them on their way af­ter just eight min­utes, sweep­ing home past debu­tant teenage keeper Mate Deczki.

Else­where, a first-half blitz from Chase­town saw off New­cas­tle Town’s chal­lenge 3-0. Leek Town ran out 3-1 win­ners over Lin­coln

United de­spite go­ing be­hind to Philip Watt’s opener.

Dar­ren Chadwick equalised for the hosts, with Jor­dan John­son and Robert Steven­son scor­ing late on to set­tle af­fairs.

And Spald­ing drew 1-1 with Ro­mu­lus.

WONDERGOAL: Joe Lums­den

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.