Marine Har­vest North Di­vi­sion 1

The Oban Times - - SPORT -

Lo­vat 4 Strath­glass 8

STRATH­GLASS ex­tended their lead at the top of the ta­ble with an 8- 4 win over Lo­vat’s se­cond team at Bal­gate.

Lo­vat were with­out keeper Ronan MacMil­lan so James Gal­lacher played be­tween the sticks. There were start­ing places for Fraser Gal­lacher and Greg Mathe­son and Martin Main­land who are on their way back from in­jury.

Strath­glass had keeper Adam Todd back as well as Steven Hys­lop, Ryan Bal­harry and Michael Stokes who all missed the pre­vi­ous week­end’s win over the Skye re­serves in Portree. Don­ald Fraser and Jono Price were miss­ing.

Lo­vat made a good start but it was the Can­nich side which went ahead on eight min­utes when wing cen­tre Seth Jones sent a great 30-yard shot into the net.

The vis­i­tors dou­bled their lead straight from the re-start when Scott Dou­glas scored from close range.

Keeper Gal­lacher got his stick to the ball but he couldn’t keep it out of the net.

Scott Dou­glas got his se­cond on 23 min­utes and sub­sti­tute Barry John Phimis­ter, who had re­placed Steven Hys­lop af­ter he took a head knock, made it 4- 0 just a cou­ple of min­utes later.

The Strath cen­tre line of Ross Bal­harry, Michael Stokes and Seth Jones were dom­i­nat­ing and they added to their tally a minute later through Darren Reid.

Reid then turned provider as he showed good skills on the right be­fore cross­ing for Scott Dou­glas to score from the edge of the ‘D’ to com­plete his hat­trick with half an hour played.

With Strath­glass now 6- 0 ahead, Lo­vat pulled a goal back a minute be­fore the break when full for­ward Fraser Gal­lacher jos­tled with full back Ally MacA­dams and Gal­lacher’s strike beat the keeper at his left post.

Fraser Gal­lacher scored a sim­i­lar goal with a 20-yard shot four min­utes into the se­cond half and he al­most re­peated the feat a minute later but this time the ball went just the wrong side of the post.

Ref­eree Neil Fer­gu­son awarded Strath­glass a penalty on 58 min­utes when Sam Fer­gu­son was pe­nalised for kick­ing the ball in­side the ‘D’. James Gal­lacher saved Scott Dou­glas’ spot-hit, high above his head with his ca­man.

The Lo­vat fight-back con­tin­ued and they made it 6-3 on 63 min­utes. Adam Todd saved a Fraser Gal­lacher shot with his hand but Greg Mathe­son knocked the drop­ping ball home.

It was Strath­glass who would score next though as Steven Hys­lop, back on the field, made it 7-3 and then Michael Stokes, with a peach of a goal, sent a 35-yard waist-high rasp­ing shot into the net to make 8-3 with 67 min­utes played.

There was con­so­la­tion for Lo­vat when Greg Mathe­son scored his se­cond goal of the af­ter­noon a cou­ple of min­utes from time.

The ball came out to Mathe­son off a Strath­glass de­fender and he just man­aged to steady him­self enough to scoop the ball into the net to make it 8- 4.

Strath­glass are now four points ahead of the New­ton­more re­serves who have a cou­ple of games in hand.

Kin­gussie 3 Kin­lochshiel 2

KIN­GUSSIE’S re­serves beat the Kin­lochshiel se­cond team 3-2 at the Dell.

Kevin Thain gave Kin­gussie a two-goal ad­van­tage with strikes on 12 and 39 min­utes but ’Shiel pulled a goal back a minute later through Scot­land U17 player Jon­nie MacAskill.

John Gib­son re­stored Kin­gussie’s two-goal ad­van­tage on 74 min­utes and it was an im­por­tant score as Duncan ‘Ach’ MacRae pulled an­other goal back for ’Shiel with just eight min­utes re­main­ing.

Third-placed Kin­gussie are now just three points be­hind their New­ton­more ri­vals.

Beauly 0 Skye Ca­manachd 3

SKYE Ca­manachd’s colts col­lected two valu­able points with a 3- 0 win over the Beauly colts at Brae­view Park.

Beauly se­cond team man­ager Neil Brindle was with­out Oran Mac­Don­ald who was sus­pended for pass­ing through the dis­ci­plinary points thresh­old. Kieran MacTav­ish, Craig Rankin, Iain Rankin and Marc MacLach­lan were with the Beauly se­nior side.

Skye boss Davie Pringle made four changes to the squad which lost to Strath­glass in their league meet­ing in Portree a week ear­lier. Cap­tain David Grant and keeper Iain MacLeod were un­avail­able and de­fender Neil John Camp­bell and full cen­tre Ally ‘ Cleodi’ MacLeod were called up by the first team.

John An­gus MacInnes was back from hol­i­day and Thomas Wil­son and young­sters Martin Pringle and Sam MacPhee were added to the squad. Ryan Mor­ri­son took over in goal.

Ross Gor­don was given a start for Skye af­ter scor­ing his first goal at se­cond team level against Strath­glass a week ear­lier and he re­paid his man­ager’s faith with a goal af­ter 18 min­utes.

An­other young­ster, Ruaraidh MacLeod, made it 2- 0 on 40 min­utes.

But it was older head John An­gus MacInnes who sealed the win with a goal af­ter 72 min­utes.

The win lifts Skye a cou­ple of places to sixth in the ta­ble.

Pho­to­graph by Kevin McG­lynn.

Ally McKer­racher, Oban Celtic, with Ful­ton Ron­ald of Glenorchy.

Pho­to­graph by Kevin McG­lynn.

Daniel Madej of Oban Celtic scores the se­cond goal in his team’s 3- 0 de­feat of Glenorchy.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.