Ma­rine Har­vest South Di­vi­sion 2

The Oban Times - - Sport -

In­ver­aray 4 Dunoon Ca­manachd 0

The In­ver­aray sec­ond team fol­lowed up the pre­vi­ous week’s win over the Glas­gow Mid Ar­gyll sec­onds with a 4- 0 vic­tory over Dunoon Ca­manachd at the Win­ter­ton.

In­ver­aray sec­ond team man­ager Graham MacPher­son made just one change from the pre­vi­ous week’s start­ing line-up, leav­ing him­self out so young Graham Mather con­tin­ued in goal af­ter mak­ing a sub­sti­tute ap­pear­ance against GMA.

There were ten U18 play­ers in the In­ver­aray squad, with MacPher­son re­sist­ing the temp­ta­tion to call up any first team play­ers as the se­niors didn’t have a fix­ture.

Gor­don Asher was given a de­but in the Dunoon goal as reg­u­lar keeper Cor­mac Nelis was un­avail­able through work com­mit­ments.

David MacPher­son, for so long a trusted wing cen­tre with the In­ver­aray se­nior team, has been lend­ing his ex­pe­ri­ence to the re­serves this sea­son and he made it 1- 0 af­ter 20 min­utes with a 35 -yard shot which flew into the roof of the net.

MacPher­son got his sec­ond, his third goal in two games, five min­utes later when he fol­lowed up af­ter Dunoon keeper Asher had saved well from young Campbell Watt. The ball came to MacPher­son at a tight an­gle and he fired home.

Dunoon never let their heads drop and a su­perb Graham Mather dou­ble save de­nied them a goal be­fore In­ver­aray went on to seal the win.

Wing cen­tre Kenny Kirkhope added a third on 70 min­utes af­ter some good mid­field play to give In­ver­aray con­trol of the match.

There was still time for Coll MacKay to get his first goal at sec­ond team level. MacKay comes from a strong Ar­gyll shinty fam­ily and he opened his ac­count with a nice strike at the back post with 60 sec­onds re­main­ing.

In­ver­aray could have added to their tally but twice missed from the penalty spot. The first op­por­tu­nity came just be­fore half time when keeper Gor­don Asher fell on top of the ball. Campbell Watt struck the ball well enough but Asher re­deemed him­self with a su­perb stop.

The sec­ond penalty came at the start of the sec­ond half when ref­eree Des McNulty, af­ter con­sult­ing with the goal judge, pointed to the spot fol­low­ing a kick inside the ‘D’. David Robertson took re­spon­si­bil­ity but he sent the ball over the bar.

The win takes the In­ver­aray sec­onds to the top of the di­vi­sion, ahead of Stra­chur on goal dif­fer­ence.

Aber­dour 2 Bute 3

The Bute sec­onds earned their first league win of the sea­son when they beat their Aber­dour counter-parts 3-2 at Sil­ver­sands.

Kieran Burns was sus­pended for Aber­dour fol­low­ing his red card a week ear­lier.

Brian Toal gave the home side the lead in 18 min­utes with the only goal of the first half. Chris McGowan got Bute level a minute into the sec­ond half.

Young­ster Ste­wart Stir­ling put Bute 2-1 to the good on 50 min­utes and Andrew MacLach­lan made it 3-1 on 58 min­utes.

Chris Bow­er­man re­duced the deficit on 74 min­utes but Bute stayed in front for the win.

Oban Lorn P Glas­gow Mid Ar­gyll P

The game be­tween Oban Lorn and Glas­gow Mid Ar­gyll’s sec­ond team at Gana­van was post­poned fol­low­ing the pass­ing of Neil ‘Nonny’ MacInnes.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.