Aberdein Con­si­dine Suther­land Cup - sec­ond round

The Oban Times - - Sport -

New­ton­more 8 Lochcar­ron 0

Hold­ers New­ton­more sec­onds were too strong for Lochcar­ron, win­ning 8- 0 at the Ei­lan.

David Cheyne gave ’ More a 23-minute lead with Iain Cameron put­ting through his own goal a minute later.

Calum Ste­wart on 29 min­utes, John MacKen­zie on 32 min­utes and Ste­wart again on 44 min­utes made it 5- 0 at the break.

New­ton­more con­tin­ued to dom­i­nate in the sec­ond half and Craig MacLeod added a sixth just three min­utes af­ter the restart.

A sec­ond for David Cheyne on 67 min­utes and a sec­ond from Craig MacLeod 10 min­utes from time rounded off the 8- 0 win.

Aber­dour 0 Kin­gussie 7

The Kin­gussie colts are also through to the third round, beat­ing the Aber­dour colts 7- 0 in their noon throw up at Sil­ver­sands.

Dylan Borth­wick broke the dead­lock on 17 min­utes and Daniel Don­ald made it 2- 0 on 27 min­utes.

Dylan Borth­wick got his sec­ond a minute later to make it 3- 0.

An Alistair Ab­bott own goal on 36 min­utes and Kevin Thain strike just 60 sec­onds later made it 5- 0 at half time.

Two late goals put gloss on the win as Liam Borth­wick found the back of the net on 81 min­utes with Owen Reid com­plet­ing the 7- 0 win a minute later.

Kyles Ath­letic 0 Lochside Rovers 2

Lochside Rovers re­turned from Tighnabru­aich with a win for the sec­ond suc­ces­sive Satur­day, beat­ing the Kyles Ath­letic sec­ond team 2- 0.

Michael MacQueen gave the Oban side a 33-minute lead with a 25-yard rocket shot into top cor­ner of the net.

Keith Bur­nett added a sec­ond on 66 min­utes cour­tesy of a lovely as­sist from Michael MacQueen that left Bur­nett one- on- one with keeper and he slipped the ball past the ad­vanc­ing Kyles’ cus­to­dian.

Kyles put pressure on the vis­i­tors dur­ing the fi­nal 15 min­utes but the Lochside de­fence was out­stand­ing.

Glenurquhart 3 Bole­sk­ine 0

The Glenurquhart re­serves scored three times in the first half to record their first win of the sea­son, beat­ing Bole­sk­ine 3- 0 at Blair­beg.

Ben Hosie, re­cently re­turned to the side fol­low­ing the end of In­ver­ness City’s foot­ball sea­son, opened the scor­ing on six and he added a sec­ond on 22 min­utes.

A Cairn Urquhart goal a minute be­fore ref­eree John Mathe­son’s half-time whis­tle made it 3- 0 which was enough to seal vic­tory.

The win­ning mar­gin could have been big­ger but the Glen had fur­ther ef­forts ruled out for off­side.

Lochaber 0 Glen­garry 3

The Lochaber sec­ond team and Glen­garry met for the sec­ond time this sea­son with ’Garry win­ning again; this time 3- 0 at Spean Bridge.

Ray­mond Robert­son con­tin­ued his scor­ing spree with a strike on 29 min­utes and David Rodgers made it 2- 0 just 10 min­utes later.

Stu­art Gre­gory rounded off the win with a goal a cou­ple of min­utes from time.

Caber­feidh 3 In­ver­ness 0

The Caber­feidh sec­onds beat the In­ver­ness sec­onds 3- 0 at Cas­tle Leod.

The In­ver­ness mid­field was made up of former Skye player Ewen MacKin­non and his sons Wil­liam MacKin­non, at full cen­tre fol­low­ing a hand in­jury, and Ross MacKin­non.

Ruaraidh McCreadie opened the scor­ing on 10 min­utes and Fraser MacArthur made it 2- 0 with a high, loop­ing ball in on goal on 39 min­utes.

There were few chances to score in the sec­ond half but Brian MacKain scored against his former club with 20 min­utes re­main­ing to round off the 3- 0 win.

Fort Wil­liam W/O v Oban Lorn

The Fort Wil­liam sec­onds sailed through to the quar­ter fi­nals when Oban Lorn were un­able to raise a team for their noon throw up at An Aird.

Bute W/O v Caith­ness

The Bute re­serves were given a walk- over when non-league Caith­ness were un­able to raise a team for their trip to The Mead­ows.

Photo: Stephen Law­son

MacDon­alds in ac­tion - In­ver­aray’s Alan in a tus­sle for the ball with Oban Celtic’s Andy dur­ing their Ma­caulay Cup tie at the Win­ter­ton last week­end.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.