Sun causes grass fire
HOT June sunshine caused a patch of grass to set on fire in Peterborough.
Firefighters from Peterborough Volunteers and Thorney were called to reports of grass on fire at around 7pm on Wednesday on the side of the northbound carriageway of Frank Perkins Parkway.
A spokesman said: “As the weather heats up, grass and vegetation get dryer, making it more likely to catch fire if a cigarette is thrown out of a window.
“Although this fire was small, verge fires can spread quickly, engulfing vegetation and destroying the home of natural wildlife.”